Wavefront Advanced Visualizer

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
Thanks to Ginzanix and all other user that share their install CDs finally we have a working version of this great historial app in SGI. After few test in different SGI and IRIX I can say :

- TAV 4.2.0 is only 1 CD installation for Irix 5, work unstable in higher IRIX, you can install on Irix 6.x desactivating Composer or video complements installs.
- TAV 4.2.1 is 2 CD installation for Irix 6.2-3-4, now you can install with all video complements like video extensions and Composer on Irix 6.2-3-4.
- TAV 4.3 is the last version published and add compatibility for IRIX 6.5.x . This version use the standard IRIX system licenser and I think I have and activation that work but not the installer CDs.

Here we have the "medicine" for TAV 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 https://forums.sgi.sh/index.php?threads/alias-3-patch.77/page-2 .
Now I´m looking someone to share with us TAV 4.3 install CDs or any other older version prior to TAV 4.2.0.

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
Checking some information about IRIS 4D I'm discover that IRIX 3.x comes with a little version of Alias 2 named Quickmodel and little version of Advanced Visualizer named Personal Visualizer. Both apps comes free with any IRIS 4D and Irix 3.2, I'm suppose that versions not need license to work.
I'm download Irix3.3 install files and open installer to try to check and find this executables but not found, only QuickModel icon found.

Reading some info in Internet I found that Quickmodel comes inside Irix 3.2 installation disc/tapes but Personal Visualizer comes in another one additional disc/tape for install.
I know that most Irix3 apps not works on Irix4 or up, but some of them works.

Someone with Indigo or 4D can install Irix3.2 and extract this apps to try test it on Irix4 or Irix5 ? Some one have Personal Visualizer installer tape or disc ?

hbent

Oct 29, 2020
I extracted quickmodel/quickpaint from IRIX 3.3 a while back but it doesn't work on IRIX 4+. It complains "/dev/queue: no such file or directory" and even if you create a correct /dev/queue it still won't run. It depends on IRIS GL features that don't exist in IRIX 4+.

Reactions: kikems

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
Thanks for try it. Only users with SGI like Indigo or 4D can use it.
Now the question is whether the Personal Visualizer would work.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu