The start of a EPIC Dual Pentium Pro Build

Elf

Storybook
Feb 4, 2019
Western United States
Interesting daughter board for carrying the two CPUs, I don't think I have seen that arrangement on anything x86 before! Although, I guess you could consider the cartridge type Pentium II processors to be somewhat similar.

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
The really cool thing about this particular board is that you can get daughter boards which allow it to support dual Pentium’s/Pentium Pro’s/Pentium II’s, allowing for excellent comparison’s between them!

Reactions: Elf

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
The Intergraph Intense 3D 3400 + Lynx4 will be the weapon of choice as far as graphics for this system goes: (It's the best PCI-based system from Intergraph that I'll be able to fit into the system)

I already have the Lynx 4 Geometry Card:

It's performance isn't as good as that of the voodoo2 setup that I'll be installing in the single Pentium Pro setup, but it is a Pro card! (But it does run at twice the colour depth!)

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu