TEZRO FOR SALE

Ivan

Apr 12, 2024
Hi everyone! I have a Tezro Workstation for sale. Please send me your personal mail for further info. Machine is not working, I.m trying to fix it.

Last edited:

jenna64bit

Administrator
Apr 18, 2020
Hi Ivan, can you post photos with the inclusion of your username & the current date? As these are high price items, I hope you can understand. Thank you! Excited to see it. Personally I always hope to see more Discreet systems.

Ivan

Apr 12, 2024
I understand it. I've red there are scams in ebay. That's why I wanted to talk directly with interested users, it's how I've been doin last week. But I agree that this is a trusted forum and you want peace of mind. I'll post it as soon as I can.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience, I've been a bit naive.

Last edited:

Ivan

Apr 12, 2024
Here you can see my Tezro, if there's someone interested, please give me your personal email and I'll give you further info. I have to clearify that at this moment the Tezro is not working, when I try to boot it just shows the two screns that I've attached and it keeps frozen, I don't know about UNIX so I'll wait for some help.

Thanks.

TEZRO_WS_APRIL_2024.jpg

TEZRO_BOOT.PNG

FROZEN.jpg

Last edited:

doc

Jun 23, 2022
Hello Ivan,

Maybe you are not aware of it, but the way in which you are trying to sell your Tezro is highly unusual.
That is why you are being asked to include your forum username in the pictures.

You may have read about scams on Ebay, but the risk exists for buyers, not sellers. As a seller, you do not have particular risk - you just don't sell the machine until you receive the payment.

If you are a legitimate seller, I advise that you:

(1) Publish at least 5 pictures of the machine (front side, back side, picture from an angle, picture of any/all accessories, and picture of a working OS)
(2) List the complete contents of your sale in your original post (configuration of the machine, specs, and any accessories you are selling)
(3) Specify whether you are able to sent the machine via carrier services, or only accept pickup in person
(4) You may or may not mention the asking price publicly -- some sellers do, some don't
(5) Then just wait for interest or questions from forum members, and do not insist on members sending you "their private email address"

This is how people usually announce their hardware for sale. You can browse any previous posts in the forum bazaar section to see examples.

Hope it helps.

Ivan

Apr 12, 2024
But it's mine. When I have it propperlly installed and booted I'll send all the updated pics with a hinv of the config and my user name on it, it could take a while. Sorry for the missunderstanding.

Thanks.

Ivan

Apr 12, 2024
Doc, thanks for the advice, I didn't know about the procedure. I just thought it would be easier to find someone interested in a forum like this where users know better this kind of workstations, I don't want to end up in ebay that is what I wanted to avoid.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

mach_kernel

Administrator
Dec 26, 2019
New York City
github.com
Doc, thanks for the advice, I didn't know about the procedure. I just thought it would be easier to find someone interested in a forum like this where users know better this kind of workstations, I don't want to end up in ebay that is what I wanted to avoid.

Thanks again for your help.
Ivan, we aren't trying to get on your case. There are a lot of scammers that are trying to take advantage of people looking for old hardware these days, especially given the prevalence of vtubers trying to find obscure stuff to get hits on their videos (causing prices to go up).

While any buying/selling transactions are at the risk of the users, we do try to minimize bad experiences in our little marketplace. The issue is that your listing is a bit too vague and well a lot of us have had bad experiences with posts that look like yours. We're glad to have you. Follow through with @doc's request and you shouldn't have issues finding a buyer.

@doc: I hope you don't mind -- I undeleted your post because I like your guidelines. I would love to adopt it into a pinned thread for this board. Is that OK with you?

Reactions: doc and jenna64bit

jenna64bit

Administrator
Apr 18, 2020
And yes, for a reasonable price there are plenty of folks here who'd love a Tezro. And if you have any war stories from when it was an in-production system, we'd love to hear them!!

Reactions: doc and Alex_Octane

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu