Rendering the Cray 2 Supercomputer in Maya 6.5 using an SGI Tezro

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I've made a start on the traces and are replicating them as accurately as possible, without removing chips from the board, as there are via's precent beneath some of the chips! But from a visual perspective it will be a very accurate representation of the actual board.

This is far more time consuming that I would have thought, as it's all being constructed from polygons!!!!

Here are the resources being used for the render: (Remember that this is just one of eight boards that will constitute the module.)

Here's where I am currently: This is a rather good mental exercise!

Last edited:

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Here's my latest progress: (I'm taking this slowly as it is rather time consuming)

It's a straight down view looking directly down the Y-Axis to give you a proper view of the detail of the traces that I'm currently working on. (Just remember that this is completely constructed from polygons!)

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I was really hoping to finish the traces on the board today, but this is as much as I could stomach for the day, so I guess it will take at least another sitting!

The Tezro is starting to battle with this single board, so I do hope I'll be able to finish it, before passing it on to Blender on the Mac!!!

Here's the rendering info for this scene! It doesn't appear to be very taxing, but I now have to render it from the Maya console, otherwise Maya crashes the system!!!!

Last edited:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu