Modern NE2000 ISA card

mgtremaine

May 3, 2020
San Diego, Ca
www.stellarcore.net
Not sure if this useful to anyone here but I stumbled across this repo yesterday.

This guy put together a NE2000 ISA network card using modern parts, gerber files included in repo.

-Mike

Reactions: Elf

onre

SYS 64738
Feb 8, 2019
Toijala, Finland
Super useful actually! With PCB redrawing this could be made into a version that plugs into the Toshiba T-series proprietary expansion port which is really just an ISA slot with a miniature connector. Can't remember whether it's 8 or 16 bits, but RTL8019 can be made to work in either.

Reactions: Elf

Larryduelm

Apr 13, 2024
If you can find an ISA bus ATi Mach64, that is generally accepted as the fastest 16-bit ISA slot video card. I have an ATi Graphics Expression 2mb that I managed to find cheap still in the original box about a year or two ago. Id like to find the 4mb version that supports higher resolution and more colors, but they are really hard to get these days. Im not sure what you would look for if all you have is an 8-bit slot.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu