Indy RAM suppliers

Elf

Storybook
Feb 4, 2019
Does anyone have a good supplier for the 72 pin parity 60-70ns SIMMs usable as Indy RAM? Ideally still selling the 32MB sticks.

I used to go to MemoryX for these sorts of things but unfortunately they seem to have gone under.

weblacky

Jan 13, 2020
Seattle, WA
If you're looking to max out an Indy system (256MB) with nice CHEAP ram...I've personally bought several eBay lots of HP D4892A part number RAM. I got the idea from Indigo2 GigaRAM builds that use the same series of HP RAM (only bigger). I've recently gotten each stick of the above mentioned ram for around $8-$10 a piece. Also great because all the RAM is identical and appearance and spec, so no issues.

HP Part numbers for RAM are great hidden vintage tech.

Reactions: Elf

Elf

Storybook
Feb 4, 2019
Good tip, thank you. Not so much on eBay at the moment but I will keep an eye out :)
Do you also have any memory dealers / resellers you favor?

Elf

Storybook
Feb 4, 2019
Well, this will do, [34x] 🐏:

IMG_1819.jpg

From MemoryMasters on eBay. I have not tested this batch, but the last batch of [8x] 32MB 72 pin FPM Parity SIMMs from them worked well in a Challenge S.

Reactions: Jacques

Elf

Storybook
Feb 4, 2019
Indeed, very hard to find O2 memory anymore :(

It may be an unpopular opinion of a sort, but with the plastics crumbling (especially internally, not just externally / cosmetically) and with the difficulty in obtaining RAM, it might be a hard system to recommend to new users anymore.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu