Anyone have IRIS Universe Magazine.

KayBee

Feb 24, 2020
Many thanks, a second person contributed towards the issues! I won't name you here as I only have your real name.

pauliedweasel

Nov 25, 2023
Prescott, Arizona
I have a bunch of Pipeline issues, need to scan them one day.
I have a bunch of Pipeline issues, need to scan them one day.
Indigofan, I’ve got a bunch of Pipeline magazines including I think even the first issue that I’ve accumulated over the years from various sources including a former SGI employee that worked on the Pipeline so let me know which ones you have and hopefully I can fill in some of the gaps. I also recall having some IRIS Universe magazines too. I finally retired from work in April of 2021 and moved to Prescott Arizona and had been packing and moving stuff including all my SGI stuff over here since March of 2020 when we bought the house and now two years after moving here I’m still trying to sort out all the documentation, software and hardware that I brought but I’m seeing light in the tunnel and hope that this coming year I’ll be able to really dig into all the SGI stuff I’ve got in file boxes and file cabinets and start scanning some of it.

Also for anyone wanting a copy of an SGI manual check out this website: http://www.irix7.com/
I found it about four years ago and it has roughly 2400 SGI manuals and software documents available.
I found it not to long after the Nekochan site went off line and because of this I spent several months after work downloading ‘All’ the files onto a thumb drive just in case this site was somehow related to the Nekochan site and disappear too. I can make a copy available to anyone who will send me a blank thumb drive and pay for the return postage. There’s no info that I can find as to who set the website up in the first place and I just hope they won’t mind the info being copied from their site which I’m assuming is why it’s there in the first place. If anyone has more info about the origins of this site please let me know.

Last edited:

KayBee

Feb 24, 2020
A very good fellow just sent me a Paypal, and I am thankful, as I was laid off in October. Thank you for your generosity, it helps.

Noguri

Sep 10, 2023
Merry Christmas to you all :)

As promised some time ago, here are the scan files for the following issues:
IRIS Universe #16
IRIS Universe #22
IRIS Universe #24
IRIS Universe #26
IRIS Universe #27

IRIS Universe #30
IRIS Universe #31
IRIS Universe #33
IRIS Universe #34
IRIS Universe #35
IRIS Universe #36

IRIS Universe #39

link: https://mega.nz/folder/FUdzQYhY#e8Div8JzOUsKGpD6mQZyEQ

Due to the very limited time I had to do the job, they are far from being optimal both in term of quality and size.

For information: I also have a bunch of Pipeline magazines which I will scan when I am back again to my home country...

bitpak

Dec 13, 2022
archive.org
IMG_8957.JPG

Last month I received a huge stack of SGI-related magazines. Unfortunately, I haven't found the time to scan anything yet. I was only able to test my scanning workflow (optimised for good quality scans) and scan a single issue of CGW, which you can find on my Internet Archive profile page (https://archive.org/details/1995-02-cgw). I hope to find the time for this job early next year. Have a great holidays guys, and a Happy New Year!🎄

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KayBee and flexion

nmaillot

Feb 18, 2024
Hi there,

Could someone share a bundle of pdf of IRIS universe?
It seems that the megaupload link from @nagori has expired.
I will setup an open link so that it remains accessible to all on the long run.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings from France

Nicolas

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu