SOLD: SGI Tezro 4x800Mhz, 8GB RAM, V12 DCD + many PCI cards & accs in Europe

doc

Jun 23, 2022
Howdy!

For sale is my Silicon Graphics Tezro with many PCI cards and accessories in Europe. It is sold as a package.

Machine:
1. SGI Tezro, 4x800 MHz, 8GB RAM, V12 graphics + DCD, 146GB Seagate SCSI disk, DVD-Rom
Machine in good/great condition, Irix 6.5.30 installed and running, good skins, clean interior, minimal buildup of dust.

PCI cards:
1. 1x RAD audio (ADAT optical) card
2. 3x 4-port USB card
3. 2x 4-port LSI LOGIC SAS/SATA cards
4. 2x S2io 10GBit fiber optic network card
5. 1x corresponding 10GBit fiber optic card for a PC
6. 1x QLogic fibre channel card
7. 1x LSI Logic SCSI/LVDS card
8. 1x 1000 BASE SX optic

Audio accessories:
1. 1x Midiman SAM, S/PDIF to ADAT mixer and converter, coax + optical
2. 1x Midiman Co2, a coaxial<->optical converter

Extra/misc accessories:
1. 1x DVI -> HDMI cable
2. 1x Long optical audio cable
3. 2x old-style (granite and beige) SGI PS/2 keyboards. (They may need servicing, not sure)
4. 1x complete Irix 6.5.14 CD-Rom set (including foundation CDs) + some other/misc 6.5 CDs

Notes:
- I replaced all fans in the Tezro to run quieter and 5-12 degree celsius lower than original. Original fans are included in the purchase and can be installed back easily, if desired. The setup is described on https://forums.sgi.sh/index.php?threads/sgi-tezro-papst-fan-replacement-and-upgrade-quieter-cooler.1106/
- The battery (Dallas chip) in the Tezro was replaced recently, https://forums.sgi.sh/index.php?threads/ds1742w-nvram-rtc-replacement-for-sgi-fuel-tezro-o350.964/

It will take me some time to update this thread with shipping options. But in case of personal delivery, I can cover some 400-500 km for you (e.g. to meet you half-way in say, lower half of Germany or Austria).

I will post this offer on Ebay in a week or two (and add a reply here when I do). If you would like to buy it before Ebay, send me an offer here via private message. Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: flexion

DBJ 974

May 11, 2020
Howdy!

For sale is my Silicon Graphics Tezro with many PCI cards and accessories in Europe. It is sold as a package.

I will post this offer on Ebay in a week or two (and add a reply here when I do). If you would like to buy it before Ebay, send me an offer here via private message. Thanks!
you have PM

doc

Jun 23, 2022
Pictures of skins.
Vertical white line on the right side of front skin is a reflection, not a scratch.
The most visible smear is on the bottom-right of 3rd picture (may be hidden by forum gallery controls; open in new window to see).
Seeming color difference in pictures (purple vs blue) is a standard characteristic of Tezro skins, depending on exact angle and camera auto-adjustment.

Attachments

Last edited:

doc

Jun 23, 2022
Hm, I don't recall exactly, it was done years ago. There are 3 different types.

I added new fans as well as replaced the Papst fans which already existed.
The replacement fans have lower air flow rating than the original ones. But either because of the additional fans, or because it just works, it works.

Maybe I will be able to determine the exact models over the weekend (I think I still have some extra fans of the same type in unopened boxes). If so, I will post additional pictures/info. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CRaven

CRaven

Sep 25, 2022
That would be great for the people like me that want to put their Tezro more silent :)

doc

Jun 23, 2022
Additional pictures.
The top side of Tezro had a small sticker on the front. It is more noticeable in the picture than in reality.
Disk is actually 146 GB, not 72GB. I've corrected the original text.
Hinv shows output with the PCI cards that are currently in (see picture of back side in the initial post).

At least one of two keyboards will need some servicing, as I mentioned. I used the beige one to produce hinv, and the spacebar got stuck in the pressed position. Also the Esc key didn't seem to work. The other keyboard worked fine.

Attachments

Last edited:

doc

Jun 23, 2022
That would be great for the people like me that want to put their Tezro more silent :)
I listed fan replacement notes in:

Reactions: CRaven

Scoubiwan

Dec 20, 2023
Howdy!

Machine:
1. SGI Tezro, 4x800 MHz, 8GB RAM, V12 graphics + DCD, 146GB Seagate SCSI disk, DVD-Rom
Machine in good/great condition, Irix 6.5.30 installed and running, good skins, clean interior, minimal buildup of dust.

PCI cards:
1. 1x RAD audio (ADAT optical) card
2. 3x 4-port USB card
3. 2x 4-port LSI LOGIC SAS/SATA cards
4. 2x S2io 10GBit fiber optic network card
5. 1x corresponding 10GBit fiber optic card for a PC
6. 1x QLogic fibre channel card
7. 1x LSI Logic SCSI/LVDS card
8. 1x 1000 BASE SX optic network card

Audio accessories:
1. 1x Midiman SAM, S/PDIF to ADAT mixer and converter, coax + optical
2. 1x Midiman Co2, a coaxial<->optical converter

Extra/misc accessories:
1. 1x DVI -> HDMI cable
2. 1x Long optical audio cable
3. 2x old-style (granite and beige) SGI PS/2 keyboards. (They may need servicing, not sure)
4. 1x complete Irix 6.5.14 CD-Rom set (including foundation CDs) + some other/misc 6.5 CDs

Notes:
- I replaced all fans in the Tezro to run quieter and 5-12 degree celsius lower than original. Original fans are included in the purchase and can be installed back easily, if desired.
- The battery (Dallas chip) in the Tezro was replaced recently, https://forums.sgi.sh/index.php?threads/ds1742w-nvram-rtc-replacement-for-sgi-fuel-tezro-o350.964/

It will take me some time to update this thread with shipping options. But in case of personal delivery, I can cover some 400-500 km for you (e.g. to meet you half-way in say, lower half of Germany or Austria).

you have PM

mashek

Mar 24, 2023
Wow! What a well configured and great looking machine! I would like a shot at this if it's not gone already. Nice complement of accessories and excellent taste in keyboards too, BTW!

doc

Jun 23, 2022
Hello friends,

I am reporting that the machine has been sold to a reputable owner in Europe! Thank you kindly to everyone who expressed interest.

Wish you a happy New Year!

Last edited:
Reactions: Woof

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu