SGI, Cray Research, and Nintendo 64 shirt

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Very nice shirt! I have never seen that one exactly, but the embroidery of the Silicon Graphics logo looks very similar to other SGI employee clothing. I would guess that it is original?

Nightcall

Jul 29, 2022
Michigan
I'm hoping it is original. I went on Wikipedia, and SGI bought Cray in February of 1996. The Nintendo 64 was released in June of 96 with SGI working on the development of the N64. So I'd reason that this shirt is from a time in between Feb and June. I wonder if its a dev shirt from the N64 team, and if so why was Cray on there?

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
I don't think Cray was related to the N64 project but it was probably just some transitional phase for the corporate branding, with a big new acquisition on hand. Happens all the time with acquisitions.

Nightcall

Jul 29, 2022
Michigan
Gotcha. That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad I was able to pick this shirt up, it was found in a thrift store for $1.99

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu