Rs6000 7024 and GTX800p

vagant

Jan 8, 2024
Hi,

I managed to install GTX800p in my RS6000, card is installed properly, device showing available. After booting the signal is delivered using VGA and I can see the resolution is changing as I change settings using SMIT. Unfortunately there is no picture and screen is black. I can't see any errors - is there anything else I can try?

7spirals

Sep 7, 2022
Hook it up to serial and see if you can get any diags from that perspective. Remember IBM likes to use non-standard squirrelly baud rates such as 19200 or 38400. Most workstation class systems have the ability to switch between using a framebuffer and using serial, but there is some trigger or procedure to do so. For example on an Alphastation you gotta set "CONSOLE = graphics" or something like that.

However, glancing at the manual for the RS/6000 service processor, I do not see anything that looks like a way to enable the adapter. There might be something in this big manual for RS/6000 workstation graphics and accessories:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu