Reanimator: new software appliance to install IRIX over a network

Linux-RISC

Apr 2, 2022
Spain
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone.

I belong to a Spanish Retrocomputing forum called Retrowiki.

I have developed Reanimator, a software appliance to install IRIX over a network using a Raspberry Pi or VirtualBox (no extra RBPi features).

Reanimator has some interesting features such as:
- multiple network protocols available: NFS, Samba, FTP, ...
- automatically download of selected IRIX versions from the Internet: 5.3, 6.2, 6.5.0, 6.5.7, 6.5.22 and 6.5.30
- full version including several IRIX versions
- a Raspberry Pi network assistant to select wired or Wi-Fi connection to the Internet. The RBPi will work as a router for your sgi computer, allowing access to the Internet through your Wi-Fi network
- selections file to simplify the IRIX installation
- easy configuration by menus
- mount ISO images and pendrives
- update scripts from the Internet

Please, browse http://irix.mersisl.com/ and give it a try.

Last edited:

isoriano

Nov 10, 2021
Sundern (Sauerland)/NRW/Germany
Muchas gracias .. reading through your wiki and the setup it reminds me a lot how booterizer works which I use.

Will give it a try once you have it ready for Sun :) Would be great to have it as dual "install server" for the sgi/Sun machines.

Saludos

Nacho

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu