Presenter 1280 cable help

Roostie02

Aug 26, 2020
Hi all,

I've recently acquired 2 Presenter 1280 displays, along with the Corona presenter board for the Indy. However, I am missing the cable.

Rather than try to find someone who has a spare I figure I may be able to fabricate my own, but I need some more information from one of you first.

My Presenter 1280 uses a 68 pin VHDCI connector, identical to what you would see on a 68 pin SCSI cable. But my board in the Indy has a 68 pin HPCN connector. I was able to find this document that implies the connector pinout for the 1280. I would assume that the original cable for the presenter was straight through (pin 1 on the VHDCI side goes to pin 1 on the HPCN side, etc) but I want to be totally confident before I try to make one on my own and let all the smoke out.

Can any presenter owners confirm my assumption please?

Thanks!
-Jack

68 pin HPCN:
1681226981996.png

68 pin VHDCI:
1681227022000.png

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu