Old versions of irix.

joshyfishy22

Sep 12, 2022
Illinois
4dwm.com
Hello everyone, Iv been on a hunt to find old versions of irix (Older than 4.0.5) and GL-2 and any software that will run on either. Sadly its been really hard to find just about anything. I was just wondering what everyone has found?

I'm mainly looking for anything that can run on 3.3.2 and versions of 4d1-2

pauliedweasel

Nov 25, 2023
Prescott, Arizona
I seem to recall having a copy of an older version IRIX that was on a tape cartridge, I’ll see if I can find it.
I moved from California to Arizona in 2021 and my SGI stuff fills up about 2/3s of my two car garage so
it might take me a while to find it. Feel free to message me at 818-205-7287 every so often and bug me
as a reminder to look for it. I just unpacked seven wardrobe boxes full of SGI stuff, mostly parts, and I’ve
still got twelve 24” cubed boxes full of various SGI items to go through but at least I now have the extra
shelving to put it on and I’ve been digging into it for the past two weeks. At least I finally found my two SGI
1400s, I had to leave them for the movers due to a time crunch but at least I got all my Octanes, Indigo 2s,
Indys, O2s and my 230s, 320s, 330s, 540s, 550s, and Zx10s moved my self. It’s been a real pain!

IMG_9869.jpeg
IMG_9871.jpeg
IMG_9864.jpeg
IMG_9861.jpeg
IMG_9865.jpeg
IMG_9858.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: johnnym and bitpak

pauliedweasel

Nov 25, 2023
Prescott, Arizona
Is this what you’re looking for? In my previous reply I mentioned that the software was on a tape cartridge but I later realized I was thinking of a version of Excel for Unix I have. Fortunately these are on 5 1/4 floppy.
IMG_0307.jpeg
IMG_0309.jpeg
IMG_0310.jpeg
IMG_0311.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: bitpak

joshyfishy22

Sep 12, 2022
Illinois
4dwm.com
These actually have never been archived and there has never been a complete set of gl2 install disks archived. The T in the version name says its for the IRIS graphics terminals which software actually has never been archived. So this is historical!

I am going to use a grease weasel to create a flux image of the disks. Ill post them everywhere i can!

And if anyone has anything else they need help archiving please let me know. I would gladly do it!

Last edited:

joshyfishy22

Sep 12, 2022
Illinois
4dwm.com
Last edited:
Reactions: bitpak

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu