O2 fans

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
Could anybody recommend a replacement fan for the R10k/R12k PIMM on the O2 - the little thin CPU fan? My fan is making a squealing noise. I wouldn’t mind something a little fatter as there is a bit of clearance to the PCI riser cage. I think 15mm might work? There was some mention on ChicagoJoe’s nekochan cpu upgrade post but I can find reference to this anymore.

Also, my replacement PSU fan died and the only other 80mm fan I have has low static pressure rating which is too low. Any (quiet ish) replacement suggestions? The Papst one often quoted is a bit expensive here!

Thank you

Last edited:

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
Don’t bother with the ebm papst fan if you want anything remotely quiet you can use next to your desk. Terrible pitched brrrrrr fan noise, mostly down to the actual fan mechanism and not so much the blade / air noise.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu