LNIB O2+, R12000 400Mhz, 1GB, MB 030-1327-002 Rev D

telackey

Mar 5, 2024
Tulsa, OK
I am selling my mint SGI O2+. I am the third owner of this machine. The complete backstory, as it was related to me, is that it was originally sold to a hospital around 2002 as the backup O2+ for a piece of medical imaging equipment. Around 2011, the medical equipment was retired with this O2+ still sitting in its box, unused. Shortly after, it was sold off at a surplus equipment sale, still unused.

The purchaser was an enthusiast, but did little more than turn the machine on a few times. I purchased it from him in early 2012. I also only used it a few times and then stored it away.

The skins are in great shape. (The only mark I found is just below the word "silicon" on the front. It is so faint you won't see it in all the pictures, but I've included a close-up which highlights it). The PSU cover is present and intact. The OS is, as far as I know, still stock, with the same OS version (IRIX 6.5.15m) and applications as it when it was first delivered.

This system is basically a time-capsule back to 2001/2002, as it is still basically like new.

Spec-wise, it is about as high-end as an O2/O2+ gets, with an R12000 400MHz, 1GB RAM, AV1 audio/visual module, and flat-panel adapter for a 1600SW. It has the 030-1327-002 Rev D motherboard (required for certain medical applications). The drive is the original 18GB. (See pictures for complete hinv output.)

For accessories, it has the original cardboard box and form-fitted packing material, original SGI-branded keyboard and mouse, SGI mouse pad, and ColorLock hardware color calibrator for 1600SW. It also has a good selection of printed materials, including an O2 quick start guide, IRIX Desktop manual, SGI registration card, FPA installation guide, and a few more (see pictures).

It comes with an assortment of SGI software CDs as well. The CDs are an odd mix. Some make sense (eg, SGI Hot Mix 19), but they are mostly overlays for IRIX 6.3, though strangely all in new-style CD sleeves in a new-style SGI Software Library slipcase (full list below). Since no O2+ ever came with 6.3, it’s a bit of a mystery why those are included, but I simply have what came in the box.

For an SGI collector, this something of a treasure trove.

Asking $5,500 for the O2+ and all the accessories above. Its original, matching 1600SW is available for sale as well if desired (no original box, but otherwise in mint condition).

Any questions at all, just send me a PM and I'll do my best to answer.

Payment by Zelle.

This is me, and I am happy to provide additional references (I would also probably ask for them):

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: mapesdhs and Woof

telackey

Mar 5, 2024
Tulsa, OK
More pictures. List of CDs (again, a somewhat odd mix):
  • 1600SW Flat Panel Patches for IRIX 6.3 on O2, 1998
  • IRIX 6.3 Recommended/Required Patches Sept. 1999 1 of 2
  • IRIX 6.3 Recommended/Required Patches Sept. 1999 2 of 2
  • IRIX 6.3 Recommended/Required Patches March 1999 1 of 2
  • IRIX 6.5.3 Overlays 2 of 2, Feb. 1999
  • IRIX 6.3 Recommended/Required Patches June 1999 1 of 2
  • Hot Mix 19
  • 1600SW Flat Panel Owners Manual

Attachments

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu