irixboot network install issues

austinramsay

Jul 18, 2020
Hello! Just got a bigger hard drive to do a full install of Irix 6.5 on my Indigo2 and was attempting to use the 'irixboot' setup from Github. I've read through the instructions and don't see anything that I could have missed. It is looking like the VM is responding to bootp requests from what I can see in Wireshark, but then after it replies nothing happens. I can see the Indigo2 sending multiple requests, and the VM sending multiple replies but it never moves past the bootp packets. Anyone have any tips on where to look for hints on what's happening?

I'm doing a 'bootp():/install/stand/fx.64' from the indigo2 which is shown as a valid path when the VM comes up and displays installation paths. Also tried just starting the install to see what would happen but it doesn't work either..

Thanks!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu