Indigo R3000 & R4000 PSU Repair

megaimg

Nov 24, 2021
Anyone in the community can work in these PSU.
R3000 partially working, Recap it but aparently one of the rails is not good.

R4000 - dont do anything.

PM me!

CiaoTime

Public Enemy Number One
Jan 15, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can't take on any more myself at the moment, but one thing I've noticed with my Indigo1 power supplies is that occasionally some of the beefy diodes in the rectifier circuits like to blow. Should be able to find that out quite quickly with a meter if so.

Reactions: Elf

megaimg

Nov 24, 2021
Can't take on any more myself at the moment, but one thing I've noticed with my Indigo1 power supplies is that occasionally some of the beefy diodes in the rectifier circuits like to blow. Should be able to find that out quite quickly with a meter if so.
Thanks for your reply... I iwll take a look to the one that work but one of the rails is not workin propertly. Let me know if you can take a look at the 4000. that one is full recap, no luck!

megaimg

Nov 24, 2021
So I am giving another shot to fix the R4000 Indigo PSU. If someone has one, I need confirmation of 2 parts in the main board of the PSU. QI03 and QI04. Two Transistor. I thinkg one of them is bad on my unit. Behind the 2 Big capacitors 200uf 200v.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu