Hello

Gheem

Mar 30, 2023
Greetings all, saying hello from a small rocky planet. I have an octane2 which was given to me back in the early 2000’s. It used to run an mri at a hospital so I had to hack and slash it to erase the file system and install IRIX from scratch and a scsi cad rom from an old apple. To my surprise it worked, and I jumped into it using the fabled NekoChan to get info and packages. I just turned on the Octane after about 8 years of storage and have been reminded of how cool this system is, so I’m back, hopefully I haven’t missed much since my absence but the Octane is good except for a secondary HD failure, not a huge deal, but now I need another scsi drive…..anyway just saying hello.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu