Dell XPS 700-series collection

JohnnyJohnny

Sep 14, 2020
Toronto, Canada
I seem to be gathering some of these to me. I love the case design, the engineering, and Dell's choice of components.

Dell XPS PC_sml.jpg

Dell XPS 720 #1 (black plastics)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @3.00 GHz
4gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS GPU
750w PSU

Dell XPS 720 #2 (red plastics)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.40GHz
4gb RAM
Dual Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT GPUs (SLI)
Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme sound card
D-Link DWA-542 Rangebooster N 300Mbps wifi card
1000w PSU

Dell XPS 720 #3 (red plastics)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @2.40 GHz
4gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2 (cool dual GPU card for motherboards that don't support SLI)
1000w PSU

Jinroh

Jun 12, 2020
USA
carrotkingdom.net
Very cool!

I have never seen this XPS units before.

I have a laptop XPS from...the mid-2000s that is really cool, it has good components for the time. It acutally has similar specs. A Core 2 Duo, and an NVIDA chipset for the GPU, I wonder if they are in the same family.

What I really like is that it has a really neat multi-colour LED set throughout the case. You can set all the colours in the BIOS which is neat. The thing I do not like is when my son was a baby, he ripped off some keycaps. x3 Also it is very prone to overheating.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu