Looking for Solaris 8 XVR-1000 Drivers

7spirals

Sep 7, 2022
I'm looking for the driver CD that came with the Sun XVR-1000. There is a package there called "SUNWgfb" for Solaris 8 which I need to enable the graphics board I installed in my Sun Ultra 60. I have found the version for the XVR-1200 and XVR-2500 but those are for different boards and don't support Solaris 8. I've searched all over the 'net and on archive.org and other likely spots. However, I cannot find it. I'm hoping someone else has the card and/or the driver CDROM disk mentioned in documention. If so, any way to FTP or otherwise get those files? Thanks (very much) in advance!

7spirals

Sep 7, 2022
Found them. They were not on the Internet. I had to take extra-ordinary measures. These were provided as patches 11744223 and 11744224 for Solaris 8. If you need them and cannot find them, let me know and I'll get them to you somehow.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu