Your gear

GameBreaker64

Jul 17, 2019
Post pictures of the SGI systems you own and list their specs (optional) (IRIX screenshots are also allowed)

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
My very small little 'collection'.

The little wooden box on the desk contains my Raspi 3b+ which hosts my IRIX install media and internet wifi bridge for the SGIs.
Both machines are currently in storage but I'll be getting the O2 out for a bit of video fiddling tomorrow or Monday. I may even bring the Octane out for kicks.

Mo the O2

Eve the Octane after fan replacement therapy.

(Robotech figurines are still on the desk! I need to build a display case for my Valkyrie models)

Reactions: Geoman and Elf

Northsky

Reindeer Whisperer
Feb 8, 2019
challenges1.png

Here is the latest addition to my SGI collection. I've installed IRIX 6.5.22 on this headless machine over the winter holidays along with development environment to support software porting. She may not be the fastest machine on the block, but she can get the work done. If my patience runs out, on the left side I have an Octane. However, the R5000 badge is not just a badge. :) Inside is an R5000SC 180 MHz CPU module, 128 MB of RAM, and two hard disks.

Reactions: Geoman

CiaoTime

Public Enemy Number One
Jan 15, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada
My collection has shifted between quality and quantity over the years. Here's what my living room looked like when I had my peak number of systems: a fair few of these have since been relocated to better homes.

IMG_2279.JPG

The dual-compute, dual-Gigachannel Origin 200 hiding in the back of that picture deserves some extra photographic love.

The garage at the time had an Onyx (Dual R10K, RE2) and my Crimson. I'd sold the Onyx a few years ago: an Onyx4 wearing Origin350 skins has since taken its place as the fastest 'deskside' on my roster.

20180827_130412.jpg

I still have the Crimson, which happens to be a Jurassic Classic! It's #60 of the lot. Here it is with every skin except the front panel on (just because it's difficult to plug everything in with the door still in place.)

20180815_105322.jpg

This is just a handful of pics of all the stuff. There's also the NTT Indy (which I've recently done a detailed write-up for here, an O2+, a Visual Workstation 320 that I'd spent a fair few days upgrading with modern hard drives and a dual 1ghz Pentium 3 Coppermine setup, and hopefully one or two Itanium SGI systems in the near future to cover the rest of my bases.

MisterArgent

Aug 28, 2019
The N64's been with me for over 20 years, The o2 was acquired at VCF Midwest last September, and the Octane's my latest intake. They multiply quick!

The o2 needs some deyellowing and a new skullcap, and the Octane's a primo candidate for a VPRO retrofit and a dual R12K/R14K board should I ever get a shot at one. Across all the stuff I dabble in, I've got nearly 30 systems in my collection so i'm not really looking to take in much more unless I get a super cheap shot at a RealityEngine Onyx or a Ultra64 devkit Indy somehow.
Octane.jpg

Attachments

arhiman57

Apr 21, 2020
France
My first rack before moving to my new house. So I need to make some reshoot. Second one contain new addition like VW230, 320, Prism, I2 R8000, O2 etc...

Many of these system are equipped with addon card, like cosmocompress, ultra64, chyron centaur, I need to make a proper list when I have finish my move after the covid crysis...

IMG_2116web.jpg

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu