Yet another Tezro up for auction (Not mine)

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
This one's up for auction in Italy, but has a steep asking price and there's only one photo, which doesn't give you any idea as to the machine's overall condition!

"Sgi Tezro

IP35 CPU - 4 x 700 MHz

4GB Ram

SCSI HDD - 73GB

V12

Perfectly working

Excellent aesthetic condition

Other photos and details are available

Ask for PCI cards for availability

Given the weight and size, only hand delivery is made. Ask in advance before bidding."

DBJ 974

May 11, 2020
This one is mine now :tezro: (y):love:
Picked it up in Milano from a former SGI reseller. It was used for HD video editing with Discreet Flame and contains all the boards required to connect a VBOB.
Lucky you! the seller as been very unprofessional and uncommunicative in my opinion

Dionisis

Jan 17, 2022
Croatia
This one is mine now :tezro: (y):love:
Picked it up in Milano from a former SGI reseller. It was used for HD video editing with Discreet Flame and contains all the boards required to connect a VBOB.
I think this was mine before I sold it to you :-D

Reactions: Elf

doc

Jun 23, 2022
I remember Nekonoko describing a long time ago that he bought a Tezro of unknown specs because he saw its pictures and knew that a machine with 8 slots on the back had to be a 4-processor machine (as opposed to having only 7 slots). So in the worst case he knew he was buying a 4x700 Mhz.

Another physical factor is looking at the CPU cover in the machine. The machine you linked just above is surely not a 4x1GHz because the cover is very shallow -- the CPU cover on 1 GHz machines has a greater "depth", and GHz machines have additional fans installed on the front grill of the machine to push air through the CPU module.

Are we aware of any other hints/signs revealing what the CPU configuration is?

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf

indigofan

Jun 8, 2020
I remember Nekonoko describing a long time ago that he bought a Tezro of unknown specs because he saw its pictures and knew that a machine with 8 slots on the back had to be a 4-processor machine (as opposed to having only 7 slots). So in the worst case he knew he was buying a 4x700 Mhz.

Another physical factor is looking at the CPU cover in the machine. The machine you linked just above is surely not a 4x1GHz because the cover is very shallow -- the CPU cover on 1 GHz machines has a greater "depth", and GHz machines have additional fans installed on the front grill of the machine to push air through the CPU module.

Are we aware of any other hints/signs revealing what the CPU configuration is?
You can see in the photos that there is a 4 CPU sticker over the CPU shield.. I'll let you know when it shows up what the config is...

doc

Jun 23, 2022
You can see in the photos that there is a 4 CPU sticker over the CPU shield.. I'll let you know when it shows up what the config is...
Yes, but originally I was lookng at stickers at the back of both Octane and in the Tezro, and to me they all looked the same (showing the scheme) rather than actual config? Maybe I missed something.

Thanks for the pointer - if something shows up I'll ping you :)

indigofan

Jun 8, 2020
Well it turns out it is a 2X 700 Mhz machine, which for the price was about the same I paid for a Fuel, so still happy with the purchase with twice the processing power and a little more oomph. Drives should show up today, can't wait to compare it to the Fuel and Onyx 2 Infinite Reality box that I have. Render on!

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
It's not that difficult to carry out a node board swap on a Tezro. Getting a good chassis is the hardest part!

If you ever upgrade to a Quad 1GHz machine, you'll have to flash the L1 controller though!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu