[BOUGHT] WTB/WTT: SGI Indy

racc

Mar 30, 2019
I am looking for an SGI Indy.
Ideal arrangement for me would be trading it locally to an Octane (locally meaning here Finland). Or possibly to an Indigo2, depending on Indy specs, etc. For true gamers I could likely offer a Commodore 64 as a part of the payment, if wanted.
Depending on specifications, shipping costs, etc. machines from abroad are considered too, of course. I am not especially enthusiastic about shipping Octane or Indigo2 anywhere though.

Reactions: Northsky

HAL

Administrator
Oct 22, 2019
I agree that shipping of an Octane is a challenge and the best way to do it is probably to ship the psu separately. Shipping an Indigo2 or an Indy should not be much of a problem given one is using enough bubble foam and a stable box.

Reactions: Elf

Northsky

Reindeer Whisperer
Feb 8, 2019
@racc Where are you located within FI? I have only once seen an Indy for sale here and it got sold very fast (on tori.fi).

racc

Mar 30, 2019
Thanks for help! :)
I am located in Pirkanmaa area. So pickup/delivery at least in southern or western country shouldn't be a problem. Maybe elsewhere too, if I'd be able to disguise it as a "holiday trip". :D
Yeah, I know Indys are sparse here, but some must exist. Even I had one, but unfortunately I don't remember name of the collector I sold it to. It was roughly 17 years ago... might be he was from Sastamala or Vammala, or then not. And I remember the guy from whom I bought it told he had brought several from Germany. Admittedly I have ever encountered any other Indy than the one I owned.

Last edited:

jeevvansh

Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for help! :)
I am located in Pirkanmaa area. So pickup/delivery at least in southern or western country shouldn't be a problem. Maybe elsewhere too, if I'd be able to disguise it as a "holiday trip". :D
Yeah, I know Indys are sparse here, but some must exist. Even I had one, but unfortunately I don't remember name of the collector I sold it to. It was roughly 17 years ago... might be he was from Sastamala or Vammala, or then not. And I remember the guy from whom I bought it told he had brought several from Germany. Admittedly I have ever encountered any other Indy than the one I owned.
Dude you're in luck I have a total of 4 Indy's all with original keyboards(and mouse and webcam if I can find them in my garage) and original software CDs and cables. They're all 100% working and I can start em up again and test them out and send videos if you're interested. Unfortunately, I am located in the US so I'd have to ship since I'm not going to be in Finland any time soon lol. Send me a message and let me know man. Have some O2's as well

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu