WTB: Indy PSU

jwcotejr

Jul 12, 2019
Derry, NH, USA
My Indy's PSU is as good as dead:

I suppose I shouldn't have expected much; the PSU in my Indy currently is not an Indy PSU at all; it's a modified Dell SFF PSU to work with the Indy... sort of. As seen in the above image, it doesn't really work all that well. This is how I received the machine; I somewhat expected for it to work "well enough," but aside from booting to PROM properly, that's all it's really able to do. Looking for a working Indy PSU; don't necessarily care if it's Nidec or Sony, but Sony preferred.

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
I apologize, I don't have any power supplies I can sell immediately (although I do have a batch of Indys I will probably list whenever I get a few free hours), but just curious: have you tried measuring the power rails with a multimeter, while it is under operation? I am curious what the power failure warnings are about. Also possible that the Pgood signal is not being asserted on the aux connector?

jwcotejr

Jul 12, 2019
Derry, NH, USA
I apologize, I don't have any power supplies I can sell immediately (although I do have a batch of Indys I will probably list whenever I get a few free hours), but just curious: have you tried measuring the power rails with a multimeter, while it is under operation? I am curious what the power failure warnings are about. Also possible that the Pgood signal is not being asserted on the aux connector?
No worries, I have some time to think about what I am going to be doing with the Indy moving forward. I'll be moving back to university in two weeks at this point, so this isn't a priority to me. Anyway, I can look into measuring the power rails & get back to you on that. I'm kind of a complete noob in regards to power supplies; I wouldn't really know what to look for, especially not in this scenario where the PSU is a bit of a hack job.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu