Where has Jack gone to?

JackNet

Jun 16, 2019
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've participated in anything within the SGI ring and retrocomputing in general, and I feel like I should break my silence on what's been happening on my end. I've lately had some personal struggles with work/life balance after graduating from university -- gained my IT bachelor's in 2021 and have hopped through a data backup role and then currently a crummy phone repair job I'm looking to move from -- and I just haven't had much opportunity to get as involved after a promising start. There's been a ton of contemplation in my head on whether I should continue with SGI stuff and I was rather close to parting ways with my O2.

Fortunately, I have decided in the end to keep it and I have received a new job bid to work up in North Carolina so I can finally get my life on track in which I should be busy doing the move within the coming months. This will mean I'll be moving out of Florida, and at a very opportune time to do so, given how (without divulging much on what's obviously going on here politically) it's going through quite a lot of things I am not comfortable partaking in. I'm looking to restart interest following this moving forward and am also aiming to finally start attending VCFE and exhibiting my O2 next year given the better proximity.

Hopefully things go smooth. I'll be back...

• Love
Reactions: chulofiasco

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu