Toijala, Finland
Greetings, fellow SGI enthusiasts!

This is the place for us to discuss SGI hardware, software, emulation
and porting. No holds are barred - all kinds of SGI related discussion
is welcome. We share knowledge, debug stuff together and aim to get
stuff working
. The other services provided include a Wiki for
archiving the collective wisdom, a boundless disk surface to share
binaries we've gotten to run, and finally a Discord chat room.

Vintage computing in general obviously isn't alien to us - probably
not for you, either. That's why we've got forums for non-SGI stuff as
well so you can discuss your favourite piece of computing awesomeness
from bygone days with us.

Also, we are human beings, just like you - and if you aren't, that's
even more cool! There's more to life than just hacking on stuff, and
that's why at the offtopic subforum we get to know each other and
discuss whatever topics we like in a friendly and respectful
atmosphere.

Deleted member 13

Nice to see this place Up :D

I like the look & feel of this forum, it's neat and fast! It's several light years ahead of things like phpbb2 stuff, features (like "insert-link") are really comfortable and 8bit-like icons look really nice!

Well done, Mr. designer!

Hope there would be collaborations with DTB, which is uglier and more focused on HackADay alike gallery of projects made on Linux and on metal bare MPUs.

I think mixing Linux with Irix is possible and interesting, so just in case, initiatives are welcomed there.

Reactions: Elf

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Thanks, and nice to see you here as well!

All projects are always welcome, of course. In my opinion there aren't enough good Silicon Graphics focused hardware projects around, which is an interest of mine although unfortunately I don't always have enough time to work on them.

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Welcome @jdhadwin!

Regarding the serial number, you might start a separate thread about that and tag @Unxmaal. I don't know if he has any solutions but I believe he has been looking at similar things on an O350, and others might have some ideas as well.

Reactions: jdhadwin

jdhadwin

Jul 18, 2019
Red Rock, AZ
reelworthy.com
Welcome @jdhadwin!

Regarding the serial number, you might start a separate thread about that and tag @Unxmaal. I don't know if he has any solutions but I believe he has been looking at similar things on an O350, and others might have some ideas as well.
Thanks Elf, I created a new thread and went ahead and deleted the post I put in here. Looking forward to getting to know you guys :)

Reactions: Elf

Col Krash

Nov 19, 2022
Wales, UK
Hi Guys, glad to meet you all.

Currently trying to check out and restore an Indigo 2 Extreme to its former glory. I am a complete noob when it comes to the SGI so it will be nice to talk to people with experences with this machine.

In the last year I have been restoring other vintage machines and felt it was time to give the SGI some TLC as its sat in the cupboard for the last 15yrs or more. However, time is not kind to this machine, and I hope to share my findings as I found a few horrors you maybe be able to figure out.

Cheers

supretao

Aug 22, 2023
Shenzhen China
Feel very nice,I got a main machine - Indigo2 Impact.
It look like a beautiful girl, make me happy.:D
Although I am a novice to unix, but I like IRIX.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu