WANTED: SGI IO9 board or qlogic 12160

Roostie02

Aug 26, 2020
As the title suggests, I'm searching for an io9 card or a qlogic scsi controller that would work in an altix 350 instead. I am located in Michigan and I will gladly pay for shipping. Thanks!

CiaoTime

Public Enemy Number One
Jan 15, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I believe that the Alitx 350 can use an IO10 card which is SATA instead of SCSI. It could at least improve your odds of finding a card.
Yup!

The IO10 is generally a little harder to find than an IO9, but it does at least add a 3rd option. Probably the best option of the three, actually - onboard gigabit ethernet and SATA boot options are quite nice to have.

mopar5150.com

Mar 10, 2021
Do you just need the IO9 or do you also need the cables and SCSI back plane?

I have all of these parts. An IO9 with new Snaphat battery is $290 plus shipping. I can get you pricing on the rest if you will need those parts.
Thanks,
John

mopar5150.com

Mar 10, 2021
Yup!

The IO10 is generally a little harder to find than an IO9, but it does at least add a 3rd option. Probably the best option of the three, actually - onboard gigabit ethernet and SATA boot options are quite nice to have.
IRIX won't boot from an IO10/SATA setup. Jan-Jaap tried this and stated that the PROM does not support the SATA boot. The IO10 works in the Altix350 and Prism under LINUX. I have both of these systems with IO10 and can confirm this.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu