Wanted: O2 drive sleds or .STL files to print them

Jan

May 26, 2022
Germany
Hi guys,

now I have two broken sleds :cry: ...
Has anyone spare sleds or better: an .STL model?

Thanks in advance

fraserN64

Aug 20, 2019
sites.google.com
I've got a 3rd party O2 sled that is ideal for modeling and 3D printing.
It's solid plastic without the springs, etc.
If you or anyone else wants to model it and share the model with the community, let me know.

Jan

May 26, 2022
Germany
I have a colleague at work who likes to model and print things. He tried to make a printable model of the original drive sled which isn’t ready yet but looks quite promising:
0968E566-82BD-4F40-AB59-D131830B0F2E.jpegD8E2B4D0-CBE1-4D01-AB74-0EBC220D99AD.jpeg27D0BAD7-6445-44E6-AE65-943C436C5508.jpeg

Where is your 3rd party model from?

Reactions: wayned and Elf

3ddoc

Jan 17, 2020
I've got a 3rd party O2 sled that is ideal for modeling and 3D printing.
It's solid plastic without the springs, etc.
If you or anyone else wants to model it and share the model with the community, let me know.
I have a bunch of 02 sleds, $15 each plus shipping

Reactions: Dwaine, Jan and Elf

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
At least as far as I have seen on mine, the iPhone LIDAR does not seem accurate enough for that, but maybe someone else has had different experiences?

Reactions: chulofiasco

siliboi

Jan 4, 2021
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
At least as far as I have seen on mine, the iPhone LIDAR does not seem accurate enough for that, but maybe someone else has had different experiences?
Oh that could be I tried reconstruction from pictures with my iPhone (photogrammetry) and combining the images I only tried it with the o2 psu plastic cover, and the results were uncleanable I’d basically just be remaking it.
i know a Xbox one ir also just doesn’t have enough points but I’ve always been curious about LiDAR even with the larger parts like the main shell

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu