Wanted: 1600SW adapter card for the O2

Jan

May 26, 2022
Germany
To connect my 1600SW to my O2, I need this little very rare Open LDI adapter with SGI P/N 030-1170-001.

Thanks in advance
Jan

bensinc

Dec 10, 2022
I've also been on the lookout for one of these. Ian's doesn't have any. I do have one, but it seems to have failed. It still shows up in hinv, but no output on the 1600SW. The 1600SW still works fine with the multilink adapter

Jan

May 26, 2022
Germany
I got mine in the meantime.
Sometimes, it can happen that you just need to replug the adapter in the connector on the system board to make it work again.

And there may be some left to get at https://xsnet.com/contact/
When I got mine from KayBee, I asked them too and they had around ten of them or so at the moment…
Just try your luck there!

Reactions: Elf

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
As Jan says, check fit on the mainboard connecter. It needs to click in, the fit can vary between chassis and can be a bit stiff.
I have one as well as a 1600sw, unless you really want the full O2 setup with 1600sw I still feel a 1280x1024 panel from mid ‘00’s will display a better image :)

bensinc

Dec 10, 2022
I got mine in the meantime.
Sometimes, it can happen that you just need to replug the adapter in the connector on the system board to make it work again.

And there may be some left to get at https://xsnet.com/contact/
When I got mine from KayBee, I asked them too and they had around ten of them or so at the moment…
Just try your luck there!
I've reseated it many times and tried it in three O2s, I think it's dead unfortunately! I'll check and see if they have any. Thanks!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu