Various 3D printed replacement parts (Indigo, Indigo2, Octane..)

CB_HK

Jun 13, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
This is excellent! Thanks very much for putting the time and effort in on these. I was able to print out the replacement cover clips for an Indigo2 and they snapped right in perfectly.

Reactions: flexion

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
Thank you for sharing these. My blue Octane 2 is missing a front flap, if I can find one, I am happy I can print the assembly if needed.
Thanks, you're welcome!
Although the octane "front flap fix" is currently just a fix to repair a broken existing one by adding a supporting clip that holds that broken piece together where glue alone would not help. It's not yet a full replica of the whole mechanism. This has to be designed first, but due to its curved parts it's more difficult to measure and build an accurate copy.
I have yet to experiment if this could be done with a 3D scanner app on a recent smartphone with lidar and all the fancy stuff, this might help getting the basic geometry, and then just a bit polish in blender and a few test prints.

Jinroh

Jun 12, 2020
USA
carrotkingdom.net
Ah no worries, still a great start.

I have a complete one on my other Octane, so could always cast it in a Silicon mould if needed.

Would be great if one of us could use a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) on it. That would solve it handily, and we could generate the missing geometry from that.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu