Troubleshooting an Indigo2 High Impact

joshc

Jan 24, 2022
I have an Indio2 High Impact on the way which apparently doesn't turn on. This is what the seller has said so far

Just a few words on history of machine which may aid diagnostics... it initially would not work when I acquired it however after applying isopropyl to riser CPU and gpu contacts allowing to dry then reseating it booted fine and I installed irix.
It was then in dry heated storage for coming on to a year and would not boot at all after this period. I checked CPU and mid plane contacts applying pressure as per user manual but could not get it to boot.

There's no sign of damaged caps on main board or gpu but I've not opened psu to check if any have blown there.

I tend to think its psu issue or perhaps a poor contact somewhere between CPU/mainboard/gpu (I've had some curios problems with twin slot 1 cpus which both work but machine is only stable if they are in specific slots and heard of CPU working in one indigo but not in another etc!
Where should I start with this?

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu