Treasure Trove of software for sale.

BdubOG84

Apr 28, 2021
I have an absolute ton of SGI software and roughly half of it is still in shrink. It is all for sale for reasonable offers. I do not have a list yet but here are some pictures. List coming this weekend.

Attachments

Reactions: Elf

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
That's pretty crazy, but since you have so much I have to ask, how did you aquire these? Is it being cleaned out of a company that used to have a lot of SGI equipment?

BdubOG84

Apr 28, 2021
That's pretty crazy, but since you have so much I have to ask, how did you aquire these? Is it being cleaned out of a company that used to have a lot of SGI equipment?
I also have alot of hardware. I live in the bay area and buy storage units for a living. This find was a 10x25 storage unit of a former SGI Dev.

weblacky

Jan 13, 2020
Seattle, WA
Hardware? Many of these are older than you'd find online. Most aren't that interesting as they have been superseded, some have not been seen online due to age. In truth, publishing these to archive.org would be great for the community.

weblacky

Jan 13, 2020
Seattle, WA
The items like the Trusted Irix CDs and the older diagnostics and the earlier compilers for those very early OSes isn't something you just find online so those were what peaked my curiosity. I don't partake in discord so please ensure someone reposts on a forum as well.

BdubOG84

Apr 28, 2021
The items like the Trusted Irix CDs and the older diagnostics and the earlier compilers for those very early OSes isn't something you just find online so those were what peaked my curiosity. I don't partake in discord so please ensure someone reposts on a forum as well.
If you are interested in purchasing any let me know, they are all for sale.

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
That's awesome that you'd be willing to image them for the sake of computer history, and also I think these would be valuable or worth something, even if they are superseded by newer versions. Physical discs appeal to some people, if for nothing else than the fact they are official and not copied.
You don't have to post it, but are there any serial numbers or licenses included with any of the software? That makes them more valuable. Some of this software won't even run without an appropriate license, and some of those licenses were hardware locked to the machine the license was purchased for...

Reactions: chulofiasco and Elf

nevyn

May 4, 2021
I’m interested.. how many are there? Are you selling individually or looking to sell as one lot?

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu