The SUN JavaStation-10 "Krups"

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I have two of these machines, but only one power supply brick, so for all intensive purposes I only have one machine. (The one in Cape Town simply serves as a desktop ornament.)

The Javastation, although a good idea and a display of forward thinking at the time, was not a very successful product, due to it's poor performance under "Java OS".

It's certainly one of the most aesthetically beautiful looking products produced by any computer manufacturer ever!

Here are some pictures:

The motherboard takes up most of the inside of the case:

I haven't really taken a look at it yet, but when I turn it on I get the following:

It then got to a screen full of colourful stars floating around and only the mouse curser was visible and it was movable movable, and that was that!

Note of the fact that it's was not connected to a network and the it's internal battery hasn't been replaced since it was originally shipped.

Reactions: rbz

rbz

Sep 18, 2020
I always wanted to grab one of these as well due to the slick design of them

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I always wanted to grab one of these as well due to the slick design of them
For some reason, while carrying out an internet search for some other SUN equipment, I caught a glimpse of one and it was love at first site!

I immediately went on eBay to see if there was one for sale, and there wasn't one to be found anywhere!!! (It was at this point that I discovered how rare these things in fact are!!!)

I proceeded to setup an automatic eBay search and waited for more than a year for the first one to come up in LA, which I was lucky enough to snag. I got my second one from Germany.

It's definitely one of my favourite looking pieces of hardware!!! (They make stunning desktop ornaments!!!)

CiaoTime

Public Enemy Number One
Jan 15, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Neat! I'd ended up selling mine (along with my Mr. Coffee) to a local fellow earlier this year; as far as I know, though, he's still been having trouble actually finding the software to run the thing. Eep.

Does look nice on a table, though!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu