SOLVED: Help please with SD cards, moving to a larger/faster one

KayBee

Feb 24, 2020
Hello All,
I used to rely on 4GB cards with ~50MB/sec speed but then a couple of years ago transitioned to 16GB 90 MB/sec cards. It makes a big difference in user experience. The SANdisk "Extreme" 90MB/s 16GB cards are getting hard to find so I would like to transition to the 64GB, 200MB/sec SD cards. I guess my memory is failing me because I must have faced this when I transitioned to 16GB from 4GB. Last night I used the same SD cloning software on Mac (SDClone 3) and cloned the 16GB known good OS then wrote that image to the 64GB card also with SDClone 3 but when I try to boot I get the attached error. What I am hoping is that one of you smartsters will tell me its some desk command I can run on the 64GB OS card to fix it.
Thanks for reading.
KB

SOLVED: A step that I forgot was necessary was to run the SCSI2SD tool on my Mac, with SCSI2SD connected and instruct the unit what size SD card is to be used, then write that setting to the card. My memory is not great, I have since made notes on the whole process.
Cheers,

KB

Attachments

Last edited:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu