[SOLD] Perfect Indy R4400, 200MHz, 24-bit XL

torebernhoft

Jan 21, 2020
Hi, I am selling an Indy in perfect condition (made in Switzerland). It has later revisions and some top of the line components. Indigo Magic Desktop booklet, IndyCam, and VGA adapter are included. Have a look at it here:
EBAY LINK

Reactions: Elf

torebernhoft

Jan 21, 2020
Wow! I hope you can get over $500 for it! I bought mine with shipping for $100 USD a month ago.
Yeah, one can be lucky I guess... what was the specs/condition? I have sold many now on eBay and never had to re-run any of the auctions. Sold every time on first run, and sometimes up to $1000 for an Indy + shipping :) But the machines are in really premium condition, and I give 30 days dedicated help and support.

Last edited:

drmadison

Jun 30, 2020
While it is a beautiful looking Indy, I can't help be sad by what's happening to these prices. The impossibility to get cheap, admittedly useless SGIs like the Indy means the hobby basically dies with us. I first got into tinkering with SGIs over 15 years ago. If the entry-level super slow SGI (which let's be honest, is what an Indy is) was in the hundreds of dollars range back then, I never would have afforded to get into it.

And I mean no disrespect to the seller here - it is a pristine looking example, and pristine examples will always carry a premium (and rightfully so!). But it kills me that even the cheapest Indys on Ebay right now would cost over $300, take almost 2 months to get here, and isn't even tested. We're killing the future of our own hobby by pricing people out of it for machines that while cool, are less useful than a $35 Raspberry Pi...

Reactions: torebernhoft

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu