SOLD: 8-bit Atari Collection for sale

KayBee

Feb 24, 2020
Hi Again,

Also up for sale is my 8-bit Atari collection. There are some gems in here, the rare 1064 expander for the 600XL, Mac/65 assembler cartridge and manual, and the extremely rare book "Atari Roots" for learning assembly. Also there are 2 new USB power supply cables to power the 600xl via a phone/tablet power supply instead of the large (but new) 600xls supply. The 600xl and 1064 are NOS, and the 400 was expanded to 48k. The CX-40 joystick is also new. for storage I used the SIO to USB cable to connect the 600 to my PC. The MYIDE cartridge with compact flash is handy for storing and playing games. Robotron is the big-box version, also rare. Also note the assembler/editor cartridge and manual. Ok, no more use of the word rare in this post I promise. Also included is a NOS keyboard for the 400 (just in case) and an 800xl motherboard for parts. And I'll mention there are 2 1088XL PCBs if you want to make a modern Atari 8-bit for an XT-case.

I had intended to learn 6502 assembly, thus the number of tools to do so. I also was mesmerized by the graphics on these. They were the graphics workstations of their day. over 50 graphics modes! My favorite is mode9, 16 shades of a color in the late 1970's, way ahead of their time. Back then I saw this demo and literally watched it for hours as a little kid:

It may be what hooked me on computer graphics.

I am looking for a fair offer, I know I hate that too. Thanks for looking.

KB

Attachments

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu