SIDPlayer for chiptunes?

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
I tried to get SIDPlayer working on IRIX to listen to SID chiptunes, but struggling to compile with its SDL dependencies.
Before I spend hours trying to figure out how to compile this, I'd like to ask if someone has a precompiled version for IRIX 6.5.x?

thanks a lot! :)

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
SDL 1.2 should be in SGUG-RSE if that fits the bill?
If you haven't seen it yet, take a peek at: https://forums.sgi.sh/index.php?threads/the-sgug-rpm-software-environment.146/
Thanks for the hint!! SGUG-RSE is still on my todo list, as I had only very limited disk space available on that machine and IRIX is also not the latest, so I was still waiting for the SCSI2SD I ordered, to get everything installed from scratch again. Today I finally received the SCSI2SD adapter, was held by customs for almost two weeks, dunno why it took so long.

What (I assume) I am missing is a SDL-dev (or SDL sound -dev) package for headers and stuff in order to compile.

Reactions: Elf

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
if you know how to do it, it's not such a big deal, but I had to figure out the basics first to get gcc running. big thanks to SGUG-RSE btw!
then I had some issues with SDL, but at the end used nekoware tardists, and it took me some time to figure out how to reference them correctly.
also some minor modifications to the sources of SIDPlayer were needed for int_16 to int to avoid compile errors.

and finally SIDPlayer must be started with parameters for lower sample rate, as the R10k can't keep up with 44khz.

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu