SGUG Suggestion Box

mach_kernel

Administrator
Dec 26, 2019
New York City
github.com
It was recommended that we have a place to triage suggestions and asks from the community -- so here's a sticky.

Please do your part to provide actionable feedback, and understand that we will only do things we deem healthy for the community at our discretion.

Thanks!

Reactions: TruHobbyist

TruHobbyist

Jul 27, 2019
Hi, I would ask for a light theme for the forum's website if that's not too much trouble. Thanks :)

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
I was just waiting on this a bit; a light theme is certainly possible, but it is a bit of work. If others want one please leave a note; the more support, the more likely :)

• Love

praetor

Apr 26, 2019
A better wiki. When I'm porting, finding information on the forum is cubersome, and it would be nice to have a place for folks (and myself) to dump knowedge.

Elf

Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
One of the things that was suggested probably over a year ago was a Wiki section which we bought a plugin for (see Wiki tab), the plugin itself also being suggested. There wasn't much if any adoption and there is a much more comprehensive body of information on the Higher Intellect Wiki. For those that are interested in a wiki, would you truly want to contribute to and bootstrap a mostly empty wiki on the SGUG side -- and if so, are there any criticisms of the current software that we could take into account -- or is focusing effort on the Higher Intellect Wiki a more desirable path? From my side I was pretty much ready to remove any SGUG wikis and just point people towards Higher Intellect.

praetor

Apr 26, 2019
Oh, I didn't realize we were using Preter's wiki. He has a very fantastic wiki. I'm not too interested in re-inviting the wheel just for a branded SGUG wiki as long as we have somewhere to put porting notes.

Elf

Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Ok, makes sense :)
I have a few things piled up to do for this place; at that point -- unless anyone says otherwise -- I will probably deprecate the Wiki section and have it link to Higher Intellect's SGI section.

praetor

Apr 26, 2019
Ok, makes sense :)
I have a few things piled up to do for this place; at that point -- unless anyone says otherwise -- I will probably deprecate the Wiki section and have it link to Higher Intellect's SGI section.
Yeah. Let's not create work then because his wiki is excellent. Maybe we could have one on github pages or something for porting notes and stuff dedicated to the RSE, which aren't going to be that interesting for general consumption.

Reactions: Elf

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
I don’t have any major suggestions, the only thing that I would like to see is for more people to add their country / location so that when you click on a username it shows which country they are in. This is purely to aid discussions / listings in the bazaar section.

Otherwise it’s great! :cool:

Reactions: TruHobbyist and Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu