SGI Memorabilia

Biosym

Jun 15, 2022
Hey Community!
Great to stumble over this forum! I have quite some history with SGI, some background in my profile.
I have a good number of SGI memorabilia. No computing items, except some SGI branded pocket calculators.
I thought there might be some interest in this user group. Is this the right place for advertizing them?

Thanks for your patience and please don´t be mad at me when this is the wrong forum. Just tell me!
IMG_20220602_190248.jpg
IMG_20220615_135555.jpg
IMG_20220615_135423.jpg

Reactions: flexion and Elf

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Welcome! This is absolutely the right forum, and I would guess that there is a lot of interest :)

It's up to you how you would like to sell them but location and pricing information might get things going. How much for the metal tumbler? 😄

Biosym

Jun 15, 2022
Hey Elf! Thanks for welcoming me! Well, finding the right price certainly is an issue. Then, I am based in Germany, which adds a substantial shipping cost. The tumbler is a silver-tin alloy and came with the bottle of wine. It´s height is ca. 8 cm which is around 3.2 inches and carries the punch of a high quality manufacturer in Neichatel, Switzerland. Thats also where the wine comes from - and btw was the seat of the European HQ of SGI.
About 2 years ago I saw the tumbler alone on a collectors web-site, carrying an indecent price tag. However, it´s gone since long, so somebody obviously bought it. The SGI BRAUN pocket calculator currently is on ebay for about 50 EUR.
At the moment I have no idea for the tumbler/wine. What do you think would be a for both sides fair price tag?
Here some more pics.
IMG_20220615_135609.jpg
IMG_20220615_135456.jpg
IMG_20220615_135446.jpg
IMG_20220615_135423.jpg
IMG_20220615_135729.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Elf

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Ah, the international aspect might be difficult as I am in the U.S., and importing alcohol is, I believe, something of a process. I wish I could offer pricing advice but I would not even know where to start!

However, we do have a number of EU members who may be able to trade more easily.

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
Hi and welcome!

Impressive! Both the memorabilia and your bio :)

I've been in Cortaillod last year to pick up an Octane2 from an ex SGI employee.

Please do not sell bottle and the silver-tin tumbler separately.. they belong together!

Well, I'd be interested too, I even have a "pick post" address in Germany, but also have no clue yet how much to offer :unsure:

greetings from Switzerland

Biosym

Jun 15, 2022
Dear all!

I am really surprised and very glad to see that there are numerous people who have not forgotten about those phantastic machines! Great to see that there is a large number of younger people enjoying IRIX and the geometry engine. The feedback to my two items was phantastic. I have to let you know that the box with the wine and the tumbler went to Italy. I am pretty sure that it will find a proper place to be displayed.

If there is interest in the calculator, let me know. I have it on Ebay with a start of 50 EUR.
If somebody here in the community wants it, I´ll give it away for 50,-€.

Cheers from Germany

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu