SGI Iris Indigo and Indigo 2 for Sale

cptfishstick

Sep 10, 2022
Hello,
I am looking to find a good home for a few SGI systems I have in my possession. My brother purchased them years ago from Bentley auctions, which resells old equipment from Sandia Labs. Because I don't have all the necessary components, or an SGI monitor, I can't test the items as they are. However, before being put in storage, they were functional (they haven't been turned on in over 15 years.)
I am mostly posting this to see if there is interest in these systems. i currently live in Albuqeurque New Mexico. But I am going to be traveling through Arizona and Southern California next week. I would be able to bring these systems with me if anyone lives in/near these areas. Please let me know. I'm looking for offers. Because I can't verify the systems/parts functionality, I figure pricing is more complicated.

I am offering for sale the following item(s):
SGI Iris Indigo Tower
SGI Indigo 2 Horizontal
SGI Keyboard

I have images of the Iris Tower. i can get images of the Indigo 2 soon

Reactions: TruHobbyist and Elf

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
There are a few SGUG members in both NM and AZ so it's possible you might get some local interest! Thanks for sharing :)

jupo

Jul 9, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Would you be willing to take off the front plastic of the Indigo 1 and open up the metal cage over the system boards? I'd be interested in a photo of the motherboard, to see if it's an R3k or R4k. It should be obvious from just the RAM SIMMs/sockets.

For most people the R4k is more desirable, but the R3k is what hits my childhood nostalgia. If that's an R3k and anyone else out there wants my fully tested and working R4k/Elan, I'd love to work out a deal...

(I'm in Tucson, AZ. I don't know what days you're coming through, but I'll also be in Phoenix for a few hours on the evening of the 14th.)

7spirals

Sep 7, 2022
I'm interested in your Indigo tower, too. I've been looking for an R4K for a while.

CRaven

Sep 25, 2022
Is the graphics card an Elan? Would you be interested in selling it separately?

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu