SGI Indigo Keyboard and mouse adapter

megaimg

Nov 24, 2021
Hello guys, need your help... I just finish repairing a Indigo PSU and I think the unit is operational.....R3000 with basic video card....but I dont have HD, keyboard and mice.....I am looking for the adapter to use a ps/2 combination.,...waiting for a dim-8 to db9 to verify console....

Any recommendation!

Last edited:

Elf

Storybook
Feb 4, 2019
Western United States
Unfortunately I don't believe there are any options currently on the market. The two choices were the Drakware adapter and this older PIC based adapter that occasionally appeared on eBay (but is no longer listed).

I would either endeavor to find a used version of one of those -- which will be difficult -- or to find an original Indigo (or earlier) keyboard and mouse, which might be slightly easier to locate but still not very readily available, and much more expensive.

megaimg

Nov 24, 2021
If they are not going to make this adapter anymore, they must share the project with the community so we can build our own!

Elf

Storybook
Feb 4, 2019
Western United States
Regarding the schematics, whenever you see a 5V or GND connection (or any other commonly named stub connection), anything with the same label is generally considered to be interconnected.

Your choice of oscillator seems to match up with the original design, just being a TTL/CMOS 10 MHz clock source.

One piece of advice especially since the board has a lot of space on it currently: I would try to place all components on one side. Doing so will ease assembly or open up more assembly options. It's harder to reflow boards that have surface mount components on both sides, for example.

megaimg

Nov 24, 2021
Regarding the schematics, whenever you see a 5V or GND connection (or any other commonly named stub connection), anything with the same label is generally considered to be interconnected.

Your choice of oscillator seems to match up with the original design, just being a TTL/CMOS 10 MHz clock source.

One piece of advice especially since the board has a lot of space on it currently: I would try to place all components on one side. Doing so will ease assembly or open up more assembly options. It's harder to reflow boards that have surface mount components on both sides, for example.
Thanks, finish the redesign....

Attachments

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu