SGI hardware and software price lists 1995 -1998

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
I've got quite a large pile of SGI, Alias, Softimage etc prospectus and price lists from the 90's.
I scanned and attached some price lists, most are in 'Swiss Francs', some in German 'Deutsche Mark' before introduction of Euro.
Price lists include SGI Hardware (Indy, Indigo2, O2) but also some software (mostly softimage) and bundles.

Attachments

Reactions: Elf and kikems

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
Here some spanish promotions from SGO, one for Power Animator 7 and another one for O2 with Animator 7.5. SGO was the international dealer for Jaleo and spanish dealer for SGI and Alias.

The price for O2 promotion was around 15.000 € for the O2 with license of Animator 7.5.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: flexion

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
I'm looking your price list and converting money to Euros but.... the price list is roughly double SGI's prices in the USA, it's possible ?.
I'm remember that original price in USA for SGI Indy with Indycam and SGI Monitor was available for 4900 USD, in your price list basic Indy have a value of 10.000 USD.

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
I'm looking your price list and converting money to Euros but.... the price list is roughly double SGI's prices in the USA, it's possible ?
Did you use currency rates of the same year as the price list? The USD exchange rate was much higher in the 90s than today.

In 1997 I had bought an IBM Thinkpad 760ED in the USA for USD 7980 and the USD/CHF conversion rate was somewhere around factor 1.5. So I effectively paid like 12k in local currency (CHF), while in the shop around the corner in Switzerland the very same model was like 15k. Not that much of a difference, but still a few thousands.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu