SGI 540 recovery CD's

funcle

Jul 25, 2020
I looked everywhere for SGI 540 recovery CD's. Would anyone have them or direct me to where I may find them? Thanks.

funcle

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks, I already have those files. The system has WINNT installed, but can't get past the admin Password. Tried installing fresh copy of WINNT, but it needs a specialized version. Win2000 server install will not work without the correct PROM.

funcle

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks, That's some good info...I may just add an IDE drive and partition it and give the Win2k another try!

Titox

Sep 10, 2020
Spain
unixverse.blogspot.com
I have the 320/540 recovery cds but in Spanish language. Never tested so I don't know if the recovery is WinNT or 2000. I think the SGI Windows 2000 was an standard OEM cd, nothing special so my recovery must be Win NT. I'll try to make images this week. It also came with drivers and utilities in separate cds.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu