Seeking an SGI Indy

larky

Nov 6, 2022
It was my first "real" machine in 1996, got me started on IRIX / UNIX, Perl and HTML /I even named my dog after it (Indy) / I would love to have the beast on my desk again:) / I live in NZ so interested in acquiring any working rig in the Southern Hemisphere / Cheers Andy

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
There was a long time collector of SGI gear in NZ I think, JPKiwigeek. I’m not sure if he is still active or not. He is on YT some maybe try and send him a message there.

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
JPKiwigeek is on reddit but he now lives in the USA I think he still has gear in NZ HapNz (u/HapNz) - Reddit
About a year ago, I pretty easily got in touch with him on reddit. Be aware he might take some time to respond. He also gets a lot of attention due to his hoard and vintage YT videos. I mean, how many people have sherman tanks in their shed? This guy's got the computing equivalent.

I asked him about NZ since I didnt' know how to ship my Onyx2 over from Oz. He suggested he moved over state-side a long time ago. It's worth a shot I suppose!

gilles

Dec 23, 2021
Hi,

I have one for sale from Belgium (Europe), see pictures. Very clean state.
It boots up but the harddisk should be reformatted (it seems to spin normally) and IRIX reinstalled.
I ask 250€ for it, shipping to NZ should cost around 120€

Attachments

Reactions: Alex_Octane

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu