Rackmount Prism Boot Sequence

kaigan

Jul 1, 2019
Hey, everyone,

As a part of trying to get more SGI content out into the wild, I've decided to start creating some videos on some of the lesser-known SGI systems, like my rack-mount Prism and Onyx4. In speaking with MassiveRobot over on Discord, he suggested that even things such as the Prism startup sequence aren't well documented, so that seems like a good place to start.

This first video is very simple and just includes the uninterrupted startup sequence (both serial and video, once available) of the system through to login to a KDE desktop on SLES9. It's far from fancy and may not be the most interesting thing to many, but it's there for posterity, at least. I plan to do a full overview and teardown at some point in the future, though that will have to wait until I can make some more space in my office. :D

If you are interested, the video is below:

Reactions: Elf and LarBob

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu