Possible run of O2 / Octane Dallas RTC replacement PCB modules

mgtremaine

May 3, 2020
San Diego, Ca
www.stellarcore.net
Good question, I do not know the answer to it. So at least you could printenv in prom before you start the process. Write down or copy/pasta if you are on serial console. I followed the procedure listed here

-Mike

drmadison

Jun 30, 2020
Now that was some quick shipping! Haven't tried them yet, but have faith they'll work great when I need them.

glitchwrks

Jun 18, 2020
Central VA
www.glitchwrks.com
Now that was some quick shipping! Haven't tried them yet, but have faith they'll work great when I need them.
I try to get them out quickly, but due to Coronavirus I'm usually only going to the post office once a week, usually Wednesdays. So, if you put your order in first thing on a Wednesday, there's a decent chance it'll ship the same day :p

NorryTesi

Dec 24, 2020
Hi....you don't have to eliminate the backplane to get the chip in/out (however I'd perceive how it would look that way). I tried 5 chips in two indigo2s (on the grounds that things weren't working) and I discovered I could EXACTLY pop the chip in and out on the off chance that I just eliminated the back screw making sure about the GPIO64 backplane to the rear of the case, at that point utilized my left hand (thumb and index finger) to push the backplane up like 1/2mm. The RTC chip at that point completely comes out, happy I sorted this out as well, I had a ton of chips to test as of late. Did this on a Solid IMPACT form too, it's tight, however you don't have to eliminate the backplane. I would state that in the event that I had a decent processing arrangement, I'd shave off the lower part of that riser and re-plate to permit simpler admittance to the RTC.

smt assembly service

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf

Guillem

Mar 1, 2021
Quick question. Is there any reason why those are not replaced with DS1687-5+ which is available at multiple electronic vendors?

mgtremaine

May 3, 2020
San Diego, Ca
www.stellarcore.net
None that I know. Everyone is free to replace hardware as they wish. These little modules allow you use a coin cell battery which you can easily replace when they go bad vs the old style of replacing the entire package (assuming you can still get them)

-Mike

Reactions: Guillem

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu