OpenGL Iris Performer, opening .PFB files

jumpjack

Jun 25, 2022
I am looking for any resource about this ancient SGI software which could allow me reading/converting these old files in .PFB format (Performer Fast Binary):

Any resource I was able to find (source or executable) requires an installed copy of Performer; even a demo version would suite my needs, as it contains the needed libraries, but I can't find it anywhere; I'd need it for windows, as I already found the ones for Linux, but I don't have Linux.

In lack of any SW, just the specifications of PFB format would be enough, so I could try writing my own converter.

Any suggestion?

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
There should also be a version of Performer for IRIX on the demo CDs. I know you are looking for the Windows version but unfortunately I have never seen it archived anywhere, though my knowledge of what is out there is certainly not exhaustive.

Perhaps picking up a working knowledge of IRIX (or Linux) might be easier than finding the Windows version?

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu