Octane vga hdmi adapter

Alex_Octane

Nov 8, 2022
Hi,
I want to use my Octane with V6 on my Sony 43inch 4k TV with more the 1280x1024.
Are there any proposals for converter, which are supporting resolutions higher than full hd? Thx…

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
I have not seen any, but if the TV doesn't have a flexible upscaler in it and you need a 4k signal incoming, perhaps try a separate 4k upscaler?

Alex_Octane

Nov 8, 2022
Thx for your response. The problem is not the TV which doing great, but the resolution I want to use. Going higher than Full HD results in an new converter, as the old one supports up to Full HD. The Tv can even handle 720p from my Amiga Vampire….

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Ah, I guess I am not fully understanding the issue: the VGA to HDMI digitizer (converter) you are using is able to manage the standard 1280x1024, outputting a 1920x1280 full HD signal, which can be upscaled with no issues to the 4k TV?

Are you looking for increasing the resolution of the analog signal (1280x1024)?

Alex_Octane

Nov 8, 2022
arghhh, I have to clarify, I am looking for a better adapter from VGA to HDMI for better resolutions… my fault…

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu