Octane PSU Infomation

KGLlewellyn

Aug 10, 2022
Blaine, WA
I have a pair of Octanes that both of which have failed power supplies, given that the cost of replacing them is pretty extreme, I would like to look into repairing these. The ones I'm working with are the Cherokee 747W 060-0035-001 and 060-0035-002. They both have the same fault, which I think may have been caused by my spare (third) Octane board.

Essentially, they will click on to standby, but then when they try and power up, the Octane will fire up for about half a second (LED's, fans on etc) and then immediately power off. The supplies won't try and power up again until the mains power is removed. My suspicion is that some kind of short circuit or overcurrent protection might be kicking in.

So I was wondering if anyone here had a similar issue and managed to resolve it. Or well, if you have -any- information on these supplies to share it would be super helpful as we don't even have a pinout from these things.

megaimg

Nov 24, 2021
Maybe my post can help!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu