Octane drive sleds

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Xav101 (chat) is constructing a 3D printable design for Octane drive sleds and asked for a measurement.

Rather than trying to take the one measurement by hand I started to construct a dimension accurate drawing based on scans. I have attached the initial pass and will see about adding dimensions tomorrow.

Hopefully Xav101 can register for the forum and post results here as well :)

SGI Octane drive sled - left.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Xav101

Challenge L
Nov 23, 2019
What I probably need the most is the dimensions of the thickness of the handle (on the sides). The other important measurements I need are the radius of the peg that holds the drives in, and the distance to the center of that peg (perhaps measured from the center of the drive screw hole like I have in the picture?_

Attachments

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
What I probably need the most is the dimensions of the thickness of the handle [...]
Added the dimensions you asked for on the image, updating the original post. The thickness of the handle horizontally on each side (out laterally from the carrier) is 7mm. Hopefully that helps!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu